Spent most of today hanging out in my room and all around feeling sorry for myself. Not the healthiest approach to adversity, but sometimes a person just needs time to curl into a fetal position and pout for a while.
I did take the kids to daycare because the point of a day off is a day off. Sue me for bad parenting, I dare ya. Anyway, went and got them a little early. And took them by the new daycare. Gideon took right to it, put his coat in a cubby and found a play station. Noah wasn't quite as sure. He's never been in a center like that. He's only been in home daycares. So the classroom set up with different play areas and activities to choose is new to him, as is the increased level of noise and the greater number of kids. But he's gonna be three on Sunday and needs to get acclimated to a classroom type environment. Gotta call the bus barn about Gideon too.
Anway, Noah warmed up to the place and after half an hour they were both telling me I need to leave so they can play. So, I guess they like it.
We are supposed to have a nasty winter storm hit tonight sometime. right now its just cold.
I got a thanks, but no thanks letter from one of the places I had applied for a job at.
I have birthday party planned and cake makins and gifts bought. They are having a combined party, but their own cakes. Noah is having a chocolate cake with butter cream frosting and Gideon is having a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I got them each a book, a dvd of their favorite cartoon or movie (Godzilla for gideon and scooby doo for noah) and a knights and dragons play set, they can have battles now. Isaiah picked some cars and trucks for gideon and planes for noah. WE are having my friend mary and her two children over and megan and her two kids over for the party. Add in Tom and maybe Mike, and I think it will be quite a crowd.
Still feeling emotionally yucky, but better. I should have been a hermit or a religious recluse. Certainly was not meant to be a people person.
No comments:
Post a Comment