One is singlmommyhood.com, one is dad's house (even though I don't comment there because he doesn't like fat blonds) and one is mindy mom.
Mind's gone private because she's going through some stuff, and the other two have posts up that are thinly veiled commercials.
I really don't care how nifty it is that now you can get teeny tiny bottles of paint to try at your house, if you feature pictures of the product and have hot links every time the product brand name appears, you've sold a 400 word commercial. Silly to be irritated (did I mention he disses women who aren't svelte?) But he is funny sometimes.
The other one has a contest going. The prize . . . . sperm donor consultation. (can you say ewwe?)
I'm a single mom because I made a poor choice and ended up pregnant as a 16 year old girl. I am a single mother to other kids because I couldn't and (possibly can't) pick a decent man.
If I could pick how things had happened. If I had been better at making choices back then and hadn't been an unwed single mom or a welfare mom or anything like that, I would have liked to have my kids with a good man. And to have raised them with him.
I hate to say this, but my kids weren't planned. They were wanted and welcomed and cherished. But they weren't planned.
I'm honestly ambivalent about the idea of using fertility treatments to create children. I realize that as a person who's never had trouble getting pregnant, I may not have much ground to talk from. But I am also aware of the massive number of children out there who were both unplanned and unwanted, unwelcomed, and uncherished.
Why can't these people who feel the pressing need to become parents take them in? (bring on the haters, you know I have a point)
And all that aside, why are we giving away services on blogs? Because its advertising.
2 comments:
I'm totally with you on the sell-out posts. I'm not against someone trying to make a buck, but as a reader, it's a turn off.
Thanks for including me in your faves! As for me going private - yeah tough decision to have to make but it was time. When I post again I will send out an invite all to my regular readers. Or, as much as I hate to have to start over, may start a new anonymous blog.
It seems the blogoshphere is a little lacking these days, huh?
Bloggy goodness has been lacking, and I understand that "stuff" can lead to blogs going private or being restarted (I've been there).
Its the stinking advertising that bugs me.
Post a Comment