I have most of a paper to write still. I have a presentation that goes along with it that I need to plan. I am all worked up over that interview in Dodge City. I got called to interview at Riverton, but I missed the call, need to return it in the morning.
And a student confided in me that she was pregnant.
(I'm letting that sink in)
So, she hasn't told her parents yet, I've been trying to get her to for two days now. I don't want to insert myself here, but I DO think her parents ought to know. She thinks they are going to throw her out and leave her homeless with a baby to raise.
I know some parents do react that way (And SHAME on them), but I hope these don't. They are quite wealthy (mom is a neurosurgon and dad is a lawyer), and the kids are all adopted, so you would think the parents would be able to understand that shit happens.
Especially when you are a seventeen year old girl with a traumatic past and a self destructive streak a mile wide.
I don't know what to do really, I so hope she ends up alright, but I'm hesitant to get too involved, although I did offer to be with her when she told her parents. She turned me down. I'm just praying for her. Nothing will be the same for her again.
So, how's everyone else's week going?
No comments:
Post a Comment