Anyway, intimidating. Then the questions started, and I answered and there were more questions, comments, tangents. It went on for an hour and a half! I think that's a long time, right? I got to tell some stories from this year's teaching experience. I got to tell about what my philosophy about learning, teaching, burnout, handling parents, handling rotten kids, all kinds of stuff.
After the grilling, which really was not unenjoyable, I got a tour of the school from the principal of the middle school. If I get the job, I will be half time high school biology and half time sixth grade science. That puts me working in two schools, but the powers that be have decided that the middle school principal will be my supervisor. Nice, one boss, makes things clearer.
The school is the largest in Kansa with K to 12 under one roof. The grade school, Middle school, and HIgh school all have distinct staff, rooms and areas within a building that has grown through a series of additions and annexations. It has a spidery feel to it. Very organic.
I am hoping and praying that at teh school board meeting on the 14 they will want me and the board will approve. I LIKe this place. I WANT to work there. It SOLVES so many problems.
It lets me make a salary that we can live off of without state assistance and worrying about paying the utilities and still having enough groceries. It lets me keep the kids in Pittsburg schools so that I can find a place to rent and get out of this apartment.
I also have an application in to joplin public schools. They, too, have middle school science positions open. I called the district office today. The person I spoke to told me that the principals of the buildings decide who to interview, so I need to get the names and numbers of those people and give them a call tomorrow.
I am so sick and tired of this job hunt non sence. I almost want to just move into a different house and plan on keeping the job at McAuley if I don't get offered one I can commute to. Another part of me says to hold out for a job offer anywhere in the state and be prepared to move. I'm almost sick over the whole mess. Why can't it be easy?
I gave Noah a haircut this evening. He's a wiggler so it isn't entirely prefect, but someone refered to him as a cute little girl the other day, so I figured the gorlden locks were too long. Now he is cropped, but still a blondy with perfect blue eyes. I love my youngest son.
Not much else to report. I've had a nasty allergy attack this week. Been waking up all froggy with a throat andnose full of semi-concrete phlym. IT takes a lot of hacking and gagging and a steamy shower to get it to loosen up.
So. PRAY for me. PRAY that this job is for me. And pray the damn trees quit dumping pollen into the atmosphere.
1 comment:
Of course you have my very best wishes, and wishing you the very best. Good Luck!!
Post a Comment