Saturday, April 11, 2009

It would be easier if I were just an orphan

That way when I said that I didn't have family around who were supportive, there would be a simple answer. 

But no, i have my dad who is currently in Chicago, seeing his new favorite daughter graduate from the NAvy. Like I was supposed to do. But didn't because I was stupid and got pregnant in high school. LikeTom did, but he went AWOL and was booted out, lucky to not have to serve brig time. Like mike couldn't because he never got a GED. 

So, After two years of being aimless, unemployed, mildly criminal (but we deny that) and a complete leech on her friends and family, Pretty, Perfect, Cute Emily was talked into joining the Navy, and "lord of lords" made it throuhg ten weeks of basic training. 

SO my dad, and his wife, and the other two daughters took a roda trip to go see. HEr graduate. They are spending money on hotel stays and visiting my dad's parents while they are there. (YOu know the grandparents that disowned my dad and didn't have anythign to do with me or my brothers becaus of how unstable our mom was?)

And I am trying really hard to not take it personally. Because its dad, who has the emotional empathy of a rock. Who really only does what Twyla allows him to do. 

But I'm like Geesh. I'm gradauting from, oh, I don't know GRADUATE SCHOOL in a month. Something that took considerably more investment of time and effort then friggin boot camp. And they really don't think they can come see me. I shoudl ask mike if he wants to come. 

And this sick feeling i have that reminds me so much of when i was a kid and missing my dad who hadn't called or sent me a card or what ever wont go away and I hate the whole damn thing.  Just one I wish that someone thought I was important enough to inconveninece themselves over. I doubt it'll ever happen. 

Petite, perky, pretty Emily who didn't get pregnant in high school and never wasted her time reading books or studying more then she needed to will always and forever out shine my meager accomplishments. Because I'm the daughter that doesn't go out with nice guys, who screwed up her potential and who has the unfortunate luck of being short AND fat, who has three rotten boys and who says what's on her mind a little too loudly. 

I really don't know why I care at this point. 

1 comment:

msholiday said...

Isn't family dynamics fun? I think every family has crap. Sorry that yours is so hurtful to you. You deserve so much more. Men they just don't get it. Their current family is all they see and their past family, just doesn't seem to count unless that wife takes an interest in those kids.