Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just Tired

I feel old. 

Mt feet hurt, mt legs hurt, and I can't seem to put a decent sentence together. 

We've been discecting fetal pigs in my advanced biology classes. Very fun, in a cute/gross/disturbing sort of way. My students have been troopers about it. I grouped them up so that the squemish kids were with the go get em kids. The squemish ones are able to step back a little but they keep the kids who are into it from just tearing through the pig. Its worked out really well. 

My other classes aren't going as well. Chemistry is mostly seniors and they have checked out of school. I never did get much decent work out of them. I don't think they were prepared for how rigourous chemistry can be. 

Anyhow. Attempted to buy tired tonight. I say attempted because I didn't buy tired. 

I guess my problem is that I go to walmart for oil and tires. But, its easy in the sense that instead of sitting around a dirty, smelly, boring service station, I can take the kids and do a slower then normal grocery trip while the car gets worked on. 

Anyway. Things started badly when we couldn't get one of the blue-coveralled pions to come over and even ask what we needed. Usually they have a little booth set up and they get the vin number and the order and the keys and you don't even have to park the car. Tonight there were like three people waiting while these guys dicked around with a tire and what looked like a pneumatic drill. 

They guy was rude to me when he finally did take my order. Probably because I went a tiny bit psycho bitch at them. Ten minutes of trying to keep gideon out of traffic and out of the shop is enough to make anyone cranky. 

My tires are bald, right, super duper not safe bald. I wanted an oil change and new tires. Well the guy is all like "ITs going to be two to two and half hours" made it very clear he didn't want to do the tires. So I didn't do the tires, just oil and groceries. 

And then when I go to get the car, they make me sign a form notifying me that I am driving around on dangerous tires. I signed it. But I wrote on it that the technician made it clear he didn't have time to change the tires. 

CRAP. 

Tomorrow I have to chaperone prom. Fun stuff. The boys will be with my brother mike. Next week, I have a job interview in dodge city. Its a six hour drive, so I'm going to take the dat off work. The kids will stay with mike again. I have the PLT test on saturday, so I'm going to drive home after the interview. I'm going to sleep a little at home and then go test. And then get the kids from mike. 

I suspect I will be beyond cranky by then. But I don't see another option. I have to take that test. And the job I'm interviewing for pays twice what I make now, it also is in a nice sized town, its historical and it has a variety of bussinesses. JUst a neat place. 

There is a job open here, close enough that I could stay in Pittsburg. IT doen't pay as high as the other job, but its still enough more that I would take it. ITs also a little closer, so my day would be s little shorter. 

Stuff to worry about. Oh, I also need to research a standardized test and write a five page paper. 

No comments: