Saturday, April 4, 2009

something's been holding me down . . .

So I cut a lot of hair off. "I" didn't do it, I paid an actual professional to cut it. I told her it was heavy and akward and driving me nuts and that I needed to have something with a little length that was also lighter and professional looking for job interviews. 

I dropped the little two with my brother Mike, and took Isaiah with me. He wanted to spend his allowance in peace. 

So after the hair cut we went to walmart. I di dbuy an interview outfit. A grey suit. It's a walmart outfit, but I think it looks nice. I have a great bright pink shirt that I'll wear with it, or a blue button up shirt, either way, I think its a decent investment. 

I had a talk with Isaiah about money. He is always asking for more money. He gets a ten dollar allowance, and picks a thirteen dollar toy. He hounds me to take him out to taco bell and to buy him psp games. I know that this is normal behavior for a kid. 

So I told him, we are going to have to move again this summer. I want to move somewhere here in Pittsburg so you don't have to change schools, but I can't count on that, so I am applying to jobs all over the state. Moving is expensive. It costs money to get the new place, to get our stuff there, and to get things turned on at the new place. And I am going to have to drive the kids to Dad's this summer and go get them when they need to come home. All on me. 

So, We need to svae moeny, I told him. I made up a game. We see how long we can go without getting out money from the bank and without spending any. I'm going to cancel some auto withdrawls to save a little. I'm going to make a supreme effort to not spend money on fast food or stupid little things. Maybe I'll be able to save. Maybe I won't. But I have to try. 

I thought about turing off the cable and internet, but I don't think I could stand that, as pathetic as that is. So, I got a hair cut, got an outfit, and convinced my son to be a spend thrift. Lets see how well it worked. 

Oh, and pictures to come later, if I remember. 

1 comment:

msholiday said...

Pictures please....
Glad you didn't turn off your cable or internet. If that is your family's form of entertainment, best leave it in place. I think you're just about down to the bare bones now.