Gideon's honeymoon period with the discovery center is over. I got a note today that he had thrown a fit to the extent that he was slamming shoes around, trying to hit the staff, refusing to listen to what he was told, and had to be held in a protective hold to keep him from hitting and hurting others. Its a lot to see, written on a page. He's that kid. That kid that throws enormous fits that can't be quieted with the same gentle words that other kids respond to. He gets that way at home too. So upset and unhappy that all he can bear to do is scream at the top of his lungs and thrash and throw himself around.
He sometimes gets so out of control that he will slam himself into walls, throw himself at the couch, miss and hit the floor, be getting into bed and land on the headboard. I worry about him hurting himself. I worry about hurting him when he gets like that because then I have to manhandle him into his room and onto his bed. I worry that he likes to get mad and swing his fists at Noah. What ever it is that causes Gideon to be this way, Noah doesn't have it, but he can learn the behaviors.
Makes me afraid to move and uproot the kids. But I'm even more afraid of being stuck in a position that pays so little, associated with a school whose reputation is going downhill and who administration is too busy glory hunting, playing favorites, and pandering to the wealthy parents that give money. I'm complaining about work again.
Sent the rest of the application off to salina today. That makes, five positions in Wichita, two in Dodge City, One in El Dorado, one in Salina. I have application fatigue. But I think I just need to keep at it, keep at it, keep at it.
God, I hope I'm making the right decisions.
3 comments:
It is a hard call and I can understand your angst about moving. On the other hand I think your precious son will act out no matter what decision you come to or where you are living. I don't think you are making a wrong decision at all, we all go though these things when we are moving into the unknown.
Now off topic. I keep thinking about Kim, she was a blogger and we both gave a child to adoption and then were unable to have children. Do you know how she is? I've lost track of her as she closed her blog. I did have her email but my puter crashed and I lost that. Kim if you are reading this, I would love to hear from you.
Sister Linda
Change can be good. Hope something works out!
I guess its that at some level i think I must have caused him to be this way. The way I carried him, the way i react and respond to him must have caused him to become this way.
I guess I just worry so much about how he's going to grow up. Isaiah, I'm not that worried about. He has a bright mind and a very tuned bullshit detector. Noah is mister mellow mister go with the flow, probably the smartest of the bunch.
Gideon. i don't know. I can't see that far for him.
Post a Comment