So I ended up missing work. I got in to see the doctor first thing in the morning. And got a talking to about ignoring symptoms. Aparently being too busy to be sick is not an acceptable excuse.
Anyway, had to assure the woman that I didn't need tested for STD's because I wasn't having sex with anyone. But I eventully got out of there with two prescriptions, one for the infection and the other for pain. Go tthem filled and then went home.
I had plans to try to do some homework or some job searching, but found i couldn't focus on anything. I don't know if it was being sick or just the medicine. Anyway. I ended up downloading the audio book of twilight just for something to listen to in my misery.
And I don't like it. I knew it would be an angsty, sexually charged story of teenaged love unfullfilled. And I don't really mind that aspect of the story. What bothers me is the main character, Bella. She faints. She's clumsy and unathletic and slinder. And she's always fainting. I can't stand that.
That and in what Vampire myth do vampires sparkle like pretty pretty ponies? I guess I'm just too old for this sort of thing anymore. Exept that Anne Rice is one of my favortie authors. And she writes about vampires and witchcraft, amongst other things. And the loves in her books are usually the opposite of unfullfilled.
2 comments:
So, I was at P-Dub's joint and read your comment and had a little laugh...I read the whole series......twice, and feel the same. Then I popped over here, and had another much needed laugh(not at your pain and suffering, your writing)Hope you feel better soon.
Signed, Some random chick in CO who really needed a smile.
Hey, we like random chicks as long as they play nice, which most do, so welcome.
I must not like that book if I'm spreading dislike of it around the web. Must stop before someone sues me.
Post a Comment