Thursday, March 5, 2009

Shit cakes and other tastey treats

So its been an interesting week. I'm looking for teaching references and can't find many because I haven't taight much and don't want to ask the boss man for fear he would replace me before I wan't replaced. I guees I'm going to have to. Things have gotten weird there. It seems that any sort of diseplene policy is out the window when a private school is short on money and enrollment. Write ups have been ripped up all over the place, by the boss. Whatever. Point is, I need to make more then they will pay me. 

My professor told me today that I am an idealist and will often be unhappy because of it. I'm not sure if that was meant as a good or bad thing or if I'm taking it as good or bad. I just want to finally be good at something. Why can't that be teaching? And why can't I strive to make things better and fairer in that capacity? Oh well, we all soldier on. 

Spring break is a little over a week away. I'm ready, the students are ready, the other staff are ready. I have a diabolical plan to have nothing to take home with me over the vacation. And for students to have nothing either. 

well, I'm almost finished with this diversity class, I have a final project that involves making a three day lesson plan that I am stuck on, but it isn't due until the 24 th, so I think I might save it. 

No comments: