Noah has an almost clean bill of health, except the antibiotic spilled and we need to see if doc will allow a refill, and what that will cost me.
Mike hit me up for a ride out of the blue tonight, we all know how I love to be hit up for favors.
The kids were either excessively loud, or I am cranky but they were driving me jsut a tab batty with the screeching tonight. ITs quiet now and I ought to go to bed, but its so nice to just sit and enjy the quiet that I'm still up.
I have exchanged emails with a few different guys on the fee driven matching website and haven't been asked about my weight or propositioned yet, so maybe you really do get what you pay for. Its nice in a sterile internet sort of way.
I have a staff meeting after school tomorrow and I'm afraid I'm going to hear that salaries will be frozen and people, maybe even me, will be made part time. Teachers are paid by years of experience and degree, so me, a person with a bachelor's degree and as of my hireing no experience rated 23500 a year. After insurance which the personelle lady wouldn't let me opt out of, I bring home 1600 a month. That ain't much. Most of the teachers there have master's degrees and have worked twenty or more years in education. They bring home closer to 30000, still not as much as they would be making in public school, but enough to be able to rent someting that isn't trashed in a trashy area. If I get frozen or reduced I'm going to have to look for another job. The master's degree would get me about 500 exrta dollars a year, but not if they freeze wages.
I have to be able to feed us. SO I'm nervous.
I also feel like its going to be a wasted day tomorrow. I don't want to give assignments that will ahve to be remembered all week, and Noah being sick this week messed up what I had planned. I think I'm going to have trivia games going so they can get some basic knowledge practise in and still be "learning". There is a teacher across the hall who uses the science fridge for ice who likes to pop in at random times (in the middle of classes) and will "teasingly" shake her head if we don't look like we are being productive enough. I like her, but I wish she would not do that, other times she will butt into the class discussion and it just isn't helpful. I don't go tell her how to speak spanish. She's been cut to half time next year and has taken to watching the teasher job postings, which are all online and telling me about each science position she sees. I told her I didn't want to move from pittsburg if I could help it and she hasn't really been nice since.
I'm so glad spring break is so soon. I need it, the kids need it. And hopefully we will be able to go do something fun. I also want to take some spring portraits of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment