Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cow bird in human form

So, had the great misfortune to have to speak to my ex today. I got the kids around, gassed up the car and took us all for a drive this morning. I had intended to shop around for a new dryer, the one I have now is terribly loud and I think it may be trying to die.

Anyway, on the way back from out little expedition, Isaiah pipes up, "can you call dad and see if I can visit him" SUre I say.'

Later today, I did.

Well, poor wittle shane, he's just sstartign another new job and doesn't have the best hours. He's working as a CNA now and not making very good money. He's awfully sorry that he's over six months behind on his child support, but the state of oklahoma messed up something with his support for his other son and the state froze everything to do with child support, and of course he was told by a very good lawyer not to send any money directly to the mother of his children.

(For the reacord, I don't buy any of this)

To top that off, he still has Isaiah's new winter coat he got for christmas, doesn't do much good to get the kid a new winter coat if you plan of keeping it for the majority of the winter. He promised Isaiah a playstation if I gave him that old laptop. I am not a fan of video games, but I figure if he promised that to his son, he ought to honor it.

So, here I was fuming, like I always am after an encounter with him, when it hit me. Shane isn't a human, he's a rare form of cow bird. This bird lays its eggs in other birds nests so that it doesn't have to raise its own young. The babies end up killing the young of the other bird, well, I guess the similarities end there, my sons aren't killers, but still he seems more parasite then human being.

And the worst part is that I can't even call anyone and chat about it, which ususally makes me feel better after having to deal with him. After all that has happened over the past two days, I feel like my sense of reality has been altered, I am standing in one of those fun houses with all the mirrors and I can't trust what I', seeign to be real.

Hate that feeling. Need to get out of here, find somewhere I fit better. If such is even possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well then you just talk to us until you find that place.

Shane is criminally self involved. How could you sit on a winter coat for your baby when you know it's cold outside? How hollow a person do you have to be???