Arrrggh. I hate the whole talk to distant relatives thing. Maybe it is a sign of my defficient upbringing, but I am just not good at being nice to strangers. Especially strangers I have a minor grudge with. I guess I should find a way to forgive them. It isn't their fault mom was locked up for so long. And it isn't their fault that my dad was such an alcohalic. It certainly isn't their fault that my brothers and I were left to fend for ourselves for half a year.
My grandmother wanted to know if the boys all had blue eyes. I don't know why that would be so important to her. I have muddy blue eyes, Isaiah and Noah have bright, sparkling blue eyes. Gideon has light brown eyes. I think he is absolutly adorable. HIs father is 1/4 mexican and he inherited a slightly darker complexion then the rest of us. He is still cute and he is still my son and I don't see why it is pertinent.
My grandfather invited us to come visit them in illinois this summer. On the one hand, I am not that motivated to go visit them, one the other hand, they live about thirty miles from chicago, the city is full of universities, including the one that I am taking the online classes from. Would a family visit and a littel bit of a job hunt/look around be that bad?
Anyway, the hard part was the "we love you" when they signed off. I have trouble giving out casual "i love you"s. I guess it boils down to my problem. They are nice older people who diserve a little peace, right? Right.
2 comments:
Maybe they have changed a bit over the years and want to be part of family? I hope so, that would be nice.
I'm glad the visit went reasonably well.
Girl.....go for a visit. Can't hurt and might help a whole lot. Most people just don't want to get involved when there is sooo much baggage in one family. Don't want to get mixed up in all that. Now that you are on your own they just might want to help now that the parents are outta the way.
Post a Comment