That I bought a car? I DID?! Well, I guess I'm mentioning it again.
Sorry, but I am a very happy/excited/frustrated girly at the moment. Happy because I have the care, excited to be able to drive again, and frustrated because I can't right now and its driving me CRAZY!
ITs okay though. A few more days, a week tops of getting others to haul us around and then its over. I can get a wild idea ns just take off. Don't feel like cooking, thats okay, lets go for pizza. Out of salal, okay pick some up on the way home. Forgot a ket ingredient, no need to eat a half complete meal, go get what you forgot.
Is it nice out, lets go over to indy and trow bread at the geese. Missing the relatives, hop in the car and go see them. The list of things goes on and on and on.
I really hope the state stops dragging its ass and gets all that damn paper work moved through the system.
What els happend, oh yeah, we lost power for about half an hour last night. It was right at nine and there was this thump that I felt more then heard, and everything went black, I'm talking dark. It wasn't just this building, it was everything in town, black.
The stars were very bright, without all the lightnoise blcking them, but on a cold night (which last night was) it isn't a pleasant thought to be without power. AndI didn't have any emergency candles or flashlights. So there I was lighting matches and letting them burn down looking for my cell phone, once I foun dit I used the light from teh screen to make a little dent in the dark.
Was very relieved when the power came back on. I guess it is a price for living in such a rural area, sometimes the power just will go out like that. IT also does it on very very muggy damp days. I am sure the city needs to upgrade the equipment, but I doubt that it will happen.
This is the same town that based its whole funding plan on winning a lawsuit against BP. They lost and now they are cursing the compnay and the judge and the jury. They were the ones who wrote a no appeal clause into the proscedings. Normally I am all for bussinesses paying for damage they caused, but this was a little different.
This town is the site of the first profitable oil well west of the mississippi. The company that ran the wells and refinery was standard oil. Standard oil sold everything to amaco, which was bought by british patroleum. Now, there is some pollution from decades of oilwork being done in the area, but, nothing has gone on in the last 20 or 30 years. British patroleum told the town about the problem and offered to settle, by investing in the town, thigs like swimming pools (we don't have one anymore) and over pass (we have train tracks that will block the wholewest side of town from the highway for hours) and side walks, roads and schools.
People got greedy, they decided they'de rather sue. Fine, I would normally say. BUT PEOPLE WERE BUYING UP PROPERTY ON THE PLUME IN ORDER TO BE PART OF THE LAWSUIT AND RESULTING MILLIONS>
If the land is so polluted, why buy it up?
Anyway, the schools were planning on lawsuit money, so was the city, now people are stuck with houses they never wanted and can't afford. And its a whole ugly thing and how I got from "yay, I got a car" to this I don't know.
1 comment:
Congrats on the car, honey! That is so exciting!
Post a Comment