Sunday, March 2, 2008

Wind change

I know I talk about weather a lot here. But hey, its my blog, I'll talk about whateverI want.

The cold front we'd been promised is here. It brought with is a terrific wind and thunderstorm. I don't know why, but these storms make me want to eother turn off all the lights and then sit and listen to it howel, or I want to be out in them. When I was a teenager and didn't have three kids to worry about, I would go for long walks in rain and storms. I'd even taunt the storm, daring it to come get me. It would blow and howel and I would end up very wet, but it never got me. And for some reason, being soaked by such a primal thing as a storm is different then if someone just poured a bucket of water on you.

ITs like a part of that wildness has been transfered to you. At least it felt that way when I was younger. I felt like my eyes flashed a bit more dangerously and my whole being was somehow made more. Now, I just stepped out to get the car seats off the poarch and all I could think was that is was cold, wet and miserable outside.

I guess it is just one more piece of evidence that I am getting old. Sometimes I miss that younger, wilder, more daring and less cautious self. I wonder what she'd do about some of these things that I've fought through.

With the cold weather, came more ach in these bones. I always thought the whole weather-arthritis realationship was bunk. I guess not.

No comments: