Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Shit, I'm tired

So, didn't sleep well last night. Woke up too early, couldn't get back to sleep and so I went ahead and just got up.

This morning was chaos, more then usual, but somehow both little guys got to their prospective babysitters and Isaiah got to school. Lisa c. showed up and we were off to bartlesvilles. (with the obligatory stop for fresh donuts in independence the only donuts in neody are nasty c-store donuts).

First of all, I am definitly out of the habit of riding in the car for any amount of time. And I hadn't been that particular town for probably eight or ten years. First thing I noticed, that north east oklahoma is ever so much prettier then southeast kansas. I don't know why, but the minute we saw the "welcome to the cherokee nation" sign (which meant we had crossed into oklahoma, lots of revs land there), the scrubby tress and scraggly feilds were replaced with genuine rolling praires. Other then that, the only real landmark in that particular area was the tax free cigarrette store that we "had" to stop at on teh way back. (NO, not for me, but lisa c, her friend tanya, and tom are all smokers).

The doctor visit almost didn't happen. They decided that my insurance wasn't acceptable at first. After calls to my original doctors's office and threatening to sit sobbing in the waiting area, they decided that maybe blue cross/blue shield was acceptable after all. The doc asked lots of questions. Wrote down all sorts of stuff, seemed to be writing what I said word for word. Then he looked at my hands elbows, knees, feet. Had me walk, looked at my spine (yes, the obligatory paper night shirt). Then he ordered LOTS of blood work and more x-rays.

Here is what I found out. The symptoms I have reported are pretty typical of RA, as is the eleveated RF test. I don't know what all he ordered, but when I went to the attached hospital, they lady who checked me in saud that they would probably be able to tell everything about me.

Anyways, other then that, it was "come back in three weeks". I need to figure out if the insurance I have will work with them. If it isn't, I need to get into a rheumatologist that is based in kansas. Either way, all these labs and x-rays were done at a world class hospital and so they will probably not have to be repeated.

So I spent the whole day, sitting in medical waiting areas and exam rooms. I didn't get to go to the mall. The girls that drove me over there went to the mall. They also went to hastings (ahh, real unedited music). Oh well, next time I have to do this, I'll know where I am going and I will have a car and be able to take myself.

I called the courthouse and found out what tagging the car will cost me. NOt too bad.

Sheesh, tired from waiting and being anxious for so long and stil lnot having a good answer. And then there is the fact that every time I get asked to name an emergency contact, I draw a completel blank. Usually its a spouce or close relative you name. But my dad is three states away and my brothers are both complete flakes. I put down my pastor. I figure he won't mind too much and it probably wont even ever come up. But still makes a sinlge mom feel particularly lonley.

No comments: