I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Sunday, March 15, 2009
comparasions
Okay so I used another dress I have and like to make changes to the one I bought the other day. what do you think?
I should have asked this in the last comment.....how'd you do it? How did you get it fitted like that. Looks really, really nice. I can make any kind of quilt but can't sew clothing. Just to let you know that Ms. Holiday and Singingfeather is me Linda. For some reason my google account works sometimes and my Sympatico account works others.
I didn't use ties, but that may have been simpler then what I did do.
I'm terrible with patterns and big projects, but sometimes I can look at something and see how it could be shaped.
I took the seems out where the bust joined the skirt. The skirt, which started just under the bust and went to ankle length, was an "A" line that kinda gets wider and wider in a cone shape.
I used piping to reinforce the area between the bust and the skirt, I cut about eight inches off the top of the skirt and then narrowed it and put in another piece of pipping around the bottom and then sewed what was left of the skirt to the waist area that I had made.
The thing is still mid calf length, but then I'm short.
I put a zipper in the back and used some scraps to widen the straps so that I wouldn't have bras strap issues.
Honestly I am surprised it worked. I'm not much of a crafter.
3 comments:
I love it! You did a really nice job on it. Did you use tie backs at the waist?
I should have asked this in the last comment.....how'd you do it? How did you get it fitted like that. Looks really, really nice.
I can make any kind of quilt but can't sew clothing. Just to let you know that Ms. Holiday and Singingfeather is me Linda. For some reason my google account works sometimes and my Sympatico account works others.
I didn't use ties, but that may have been simpler then what I did do.
I'm terrible with patterns and big projects, but sometimes I can look at something and see how it could be shaped.
I took the seems out where the bust joined the skirt. The skirt, which started just under the bust and went to ankle length, was an "A" line that kinda gets wider and wider in a cone shape.
I used piping to reinforce the area between the bust and the skirt, I cut about eight inches off the top of the skirt and then narrowed it and put in another piece of pipping around the bottom and then sewed what was left of the skirt to the waist area that I had made.
The thing is still mid calf length, but then I'm short.
I put a zipper in the back and used some scraps to widen the straps so that I wouldn't have bras strap issues.
Honestly I am surprised it worked. I'm not much of a crafter.
You always show up as singingfeather.
Post a Comment