Friday, January 30, 2009

Could everyone just please be quiet

I know, its a lot to ask. And I know, its selfish of me to expect. But the last day or so has been really difficult and I think a little peace and quiet isn't too much to ask.

Yesterday we got home a little late and I went right to making dinner. I set out some cheese cubes for the little guys to snack on while I cooked. Well, gideon decided he didn't like them and threw a loud fit about it. In the process, I'm not sure if it was him flailing around his arms or if he thought there was a better treat up there, he reached up and actually touched the red hot burner where water had been set to boil. 

And then he screamed, and ran into his room, and screamed, and ran out, and screamed some more. It was hard to get him to hold still long enough for me to look at the wound. It looked bad. Very bad. IT seemed like it was black. It seemed like the edges might be charred. 

I rounded up him and the other kids and headed to urgent care. I had visions of permanent nerve damage, surgical debredment, and maybe amputation. I am so glad I over reacted. The hour we had to wait for him to be seen allowed him to calm down considerably. The doctor used some sort of special soap to gently wash the charred surface off the wound. Its just a second degree burn. Painful, but not necrotic. Not in need of much other then to allow it to heal. It may scar and leave him with weird finger prints, but other then that, he's fine. 

But by then we were hungry and it was past bathtime. We went through adrive through. Something I want to avoid but keep being drawn back into. We got home, hungrey cranky and tired and all piled out of the car and took our food in. A car door was left open. All night.

This morning, nothing went right. I forgot to turn the alarm on, so I over slept by two hours. I woke up after it was time to have left. And then the car wouldn't start. nothing dead. 

I called work and told them I would be late. I called around and found someone to come give me a jump. I got the kids to school and daycare and showed up at work flustered and a half hour late. Nothing felt right today. 

Now its friday and the house is once agian pitted. I'm irritable and feel like sleeping for ever, Isaiah is busy being sullen for sullen's sake, and noah has figured out how to easily excape his bed and instead of just laying down and going to sleep he climbs out and plays. 

I'm tired.

No comments: